Monday, June 22, 2009

"Take that take that take that":Ebay Revenge and Extreme Makeovers

I'm feeling a little bit like Puff Daddy circa the mid 90's. Just to be clear, I feel like I'm all up in the video, lookin at haters and waggin my finger in the air and sayin "Take that take that take that".

The purpose for this extra swagger? (I know, I hate the word too but it just fits there) I got some leads on some new contract jobs and...I got revenge on Ebay. Last week I was bidding on this fabulous Diane Von Furstenberg dress on eBay.





I am so happy to see so much new-found interest in DVF as I consider her the Doyenne of the dress. Yes, I gave her a title, but its one she has earned. Wrap dress anyone? I have been extremely lucky to find a couple of vintage DVF pieces. One is a silk sheath dress, and I cried when I found it. Actual tears all up in Value Village. It was a mystical moment.

Nevertheless I am obsessed with artistry of the DVF dress. So when I saw one on eBay about to go for a steal I swooped in like a vintage hawk. And then, and then, my eBay track record catches up with me. I NEVER win anything on eBay. Reasons: I forget to watch it, people push the prices above my budget, and I forget to watch it. I decided to combat the first and last reasons by signing up for text alerts. (Who knew you could bid from your phone?) I end up being foiled again due to not checking my phone. *sigh*

I was sad (I got beat by a penny)but I decided to let it go. Which brings me to part deux of this saga. I did an extreme makeover on my bedroom. Lately I have been feeling sad about my room which normally means its time for change. So after two trips to Ikea I arrived at a room of my own. Still in need of a desk though I popped into one of my favorite thrift stores, The Atlanta Step Up Society. I love the furniture in this place. Of course I see nothing that works in my house but I did see these little beauties hiding in the shoe section:


I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the label Egon Von Furstenberg inside. Take that eBay! Egon was DVF's first husband and a real-life prince. EVF was called the "prince" of fashion and his lines (much like DVF's) were known for their elegance. He was designing before DVF and actually encouraged her to get into the business. Once again, take that eBay! (and take that take that take that)Below are more pics of the shoes and my extreme makeover. Happy Monday! (and make sure to make haters into motivators!)











P.S. Think you like those EVF's? Well they will be for sale soon in my soon-to-be Etsy store. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment